HT-1XS Hot Tack Tester
HT-1XS Hot Tack Tester
Touch Screen Precision Hot Tack Tester for determination of the hot tack seal strength of flexible packaging materials, to ASTM F1921.
In vertical (VFFS) and horizontal (HFFS) form-fill operations, heat seals are often subjected to forces whilst still hot. If the hot seals are unable to resist these forces then unsealed areas or holes into the package can occur during the process. The RDM HT-1XS Hot Tack Tester measures the strength of hot seals enabling selection and compliance testing of suitable flexible materials for packaging applications. Precise control of sealing process variables (temperature, pressure, and time) in production then enables an optimal balance between material specification, packaging machine speed and seal integrity.
Accuracy and repeatability in laboratory heat seal testing is vital, and the HT-1XS provides the technology and reliability to deliver time after time. The HT-1XS seals and then immediately measures the peel strength of the hot seal. An intelligent controller and touch screen user interface provide test setting options, and allows multiple settings to be stored for later recall. Resulting graphs and data of load v time and load v temperature can be viewed, printed and exported to spreadsheets / SPC systems.
Testing is performed in accordance with ASTM F1921. The RDM HT-1XS Hot Tack Tester is used by leading film producers and converters across the world, and is backed by our direct support offices and by our trained service partners worldwide.
Request a Quote
- Fully automatic, repeatable, and independant of user error
- Choose heat sealing bar configuration, either single (upper) or dual (upper & lower, meets ASTM F2029)
- User can easily change sealing bar for various surface areas or surface finishes
- Accurate and repeatable seals due to precision ground sealing faces and advanced jaw guidance system
- Versatile applications for flexible materials, films, foils, laminates, coated papers
- Low Maintenance - 12 months between calibrations
- 5.7" touch screen controller for precise control of temperature, pressure and dwell time.
- Memory recipe function for quick and accurate recall of settings
- Precise pressure calibration of standard surface area jaw face
- Jaws constructed in aluminum and silicon with precision ground faces
- Range of jaw face surfaces including Matched Crimp and Teflon Coating